BronxNet Remote Producer Intern - Undergraduate (Spring 2022)
BronxNet is looking to hire 1 Virtual Spring 2022 Producer Interns for the Creative Services Department.
BronxNet is the public service multimedia network of the people of the Bronx. Local Bronxite producers have access to our studios to produce their shows. BronxNet also produces in-house content remotely and at the BronxNet Studios. BronxNet TV broadcasts news, health awareness updates, voter literacy programs including debates and forums, educational content, and more across a range of programs without interruption. BronxNet programs broadcast on channels 67-70, 951 and 952 on the Optimum cable system and 2133-2138 on Verizon FiOS and are live streamed via BronxNet.tv.
As a Remote Producer Intern:
● You will meet with your Producer Trainer once a week via zoom on day and time that best suits both of your availability.
● You will attend at least 2 weekly zoom interview tapings with guests for your producer trainer’s show. ● You will meet assigned deadlines by assigned by your Producer Trainer
● You will research segment ideas and y
● You will research potential guest(s) and you will reach out to guest via email
● You will create a rundown and a script for your show
● You will produce and host 2-3 original segments
● You will production assist with your producer trainer’s show (i.e. gathering b-roll, creating weekly show graphics using Canva, helping with the script)
● Passion for the TV and/or film industries
● Accountable and punctual individual committed to this internship
● Comfortable being in front of the camera
● Excellent communications skills, both written and oral
● Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
● Strong attention to detail
● Positive and enthusiastic attitude with a willingness to succeed
● College freshman-senior majoring in TV, Film, Media, Communications or a related major
Producer Trainer days/times of designated zoom training and their recording schedules:
Yesenia Ramos: Tuesday 11:00AM-4:00PM, Wednesday 9:30AM-3:00PM and an open availability on Thursday's; records shows on (MUST be able to speak, write and read in Spanish to production assist for this producer)
This role is an unpaid internship for college credit. The internship will commence on the week of Monday, February 14, 2022 and run through Friday, May 13, 2022 and the intern will be expected to work 10 hours per week. The exact schedule and hours will be determined with the finalist. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this internship will operate in a fully remote capacity. In order to be eligible, you must be authorized to work in the United States and must be working in a location within the U.S. Eastern Time Zone. To apply, please submit your resume to Intern Coordinator Shanell Reyes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have read the NYS Department of Labor guidelines for unpaid/for-credit internships. Accepted applicants must sign off on a BronxNet document stating that they have also read and understand the NYS Department of Labor guidelines for unpaid/for-credit internships.