BronxNet Hybrid Reporter Internship - Undergraduate (Spring 2022)
BronxNet is looking to hire 4 Hybrid Spring 2022 Reporter Interns for the Creative Services Department.
BronxNet is the public service multimedia network of the people of the Bronx. BronxNet TV broadcasts news, health awareness updates, voter literacy programs including debates and forums, educational content, and more across a range of programs without interruption. BronxNet programs broadcast on channels 67-70, 951 and 952 on the Optimum cable system and 2133-2138 on Verizon FiOS and are live streamed via BronxNet.tv.
BronxNet is also dedicated to providing hands-on media training within its Creative Services Department. The Remote Reporter Internship Program is designed to train novice and seasoned reporters; to help interns acquire and hone their skills.
As a Remote Reporter Intern:
● You will meet with your Reporter Trainer once a week via zoom on day and time that best suits both of your availability.
● You will learn to effectively write a script that a video editor can read and create into a package. ● You will write weekly scripts and submit them to your Reporter Trainer for evaluation.
● You will also shadow your Reporter Trainer on a physical shoot assigned to them.
● You will complete a portfolio of at least 2-5 packages.
● Passion for the TV and/or film industries
● Accountable and punctual individual committed to this internship
● Comfortable being in front of the camera
● Excellent communications skills, both written and oral
● Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
● Strong attention to detail
● Positive and enthusiastic attitude with a willingness to succeed
● College freshman-senior majoring in TV, Film, Media, Communications or a related major
Reporter Trainer’s days/times of designated zoom training and shoot availability:
Sonyi Lopez: Mondays 3:00 PM-11:000 PM (Remote & Field), Tuesdays- 9:00 AM-5:00 PM (Flex & Hybrid); Wednesdays 3:00 PM 6:00PM (Remote & Field), Thursdays 9:00 AM-5:00 PM (Flex & Hybrid); Fridays 3:00 PM-6:00 PM (Remote & Field)
Arelene Mukoko: Tuesdays 12:00 PM-2:00 PM (anytime in between for 45 minutes); weekends for shoots (Saturdays preferred)
Kibin Alleyne: Wednesdays 11:00 AM-1:00 PM (anytime in between for 45 minutes); Wednesdays and Mondays for shoots
This role is an unpaid internship for college credit. The internship will commence on the week of Tuesday, February 15, 2022 and run through Friday, May 13, 2022 and the intern will be expected to work 10 hours per week. The exact schedule and hours will be determined with the finalist. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this internship will operate in a fully remote capacity. In order to be eligible, you must be authorized to work in the United States and must be working in a location within the U.S. Eastern Time Zone. To apply, please submit your resume to Intern Coordinator Shanell Reyes at email@example.com.
We have read the NYS Department of Labor guidelines for unpaid/for-credit internships. Accepted applicants must sign off on a BronxNet document stating that they have also read and understand the NYS Department of Labor guidelines for unpaid/for-credit internships.