BronxNet is seeking a Web Developer to provide technical and creative support to our Web team!
BronxNet is an independent award-winning not-for-profit producing programming by, for, and about the people of the Bronx, while training the community to produce programs to share with their neighbors and the world.
The Web Developer will design, develop, and maintain web services, databases, and APIs for the BronxNet.org website and applications for mobile and other platforms.
- Maintaining the Bronxnet.org website, updating supported software to keep the website up-to-date with best practices. This includes Python, the PostgreSQL database, and the Django Content Management System - All running on Ubuntu Linux in an AWS environment
- Design and build applications and new functionality for the Bronxnet.org website following an informal software development life cycle while keeping in mind scalability and maintainability
- Managing a queue of support tickets and owning a list of maintenance requests, using Jira Service Management.
- Working closely and collaboratively with the Director of Web Technology, building high-quality, reusable, and portable code managed through GIT version control and Bitbucket
- Work with designers and stakeholders from all organizational levels and with varying technical backgrounds to ensure accurate product delivery.
- Develop performant pages that scale well between mobile and desktop browsers
- Develop front-end and back-end architecture for responsive website and other digital services
If you have outstanding programming skills, are a full stack developer, and have a great passion for developing beautiful, innovative applications, we want to meet with you!
BronxNet is a growing hybrid workplace with 100% employer paid benefits.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) or at least 5 years related experience
- Knowledge of Django or other content management systems
- Advanced knowledge of Postgres or other relational database
- Knowledge of GIT, Jira/Bitbucket & Python
- Experience in Agile or Kanban environments
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience writing APIs is a plus
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services, CI/CD or Docker a plus
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to work across multiple groups
- Ability to work independently
- Team player, ability to work in a collaborative environment