Social Media Specialist
BronxNetTV is the public service multimedia network of the people of the Bronx providing award winning programming, media production training, and access to studios, equipment and channels from the Bronx to the world.
We are seeking a proactive and creative Social Media Specialist with experience and knowledge about the Bronx,to execute and coordinate our social media strategy. The Social Media Specialist will work closely with the production ,web, programming, and administrative teams to generate, edit, publish and share daily content providing news, arts, entertainment and accurate information relating to the Bronx and BronxNet TV. This is a part-time to full-time position. Creating meaningful content on all social media platforms, including writing and editing social media posts, improving user engagement, and promoting BronxNet social media campaigns.
- Write, edit, and curate content for BronxNet social media platforms on-line and on television
- Ensure digital marketing content aligns with our brand’s identity and message
- Actively investigate ways to improve engagement on all social media platforms, including emerging social media outlets
- Moderate all user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each community
- Writing original content for BronxNet.org (Blogs, Articles, etc.)
- Work with producers, the web, development and programming teams to create and implement social media marketing campaigns
- Track and report on monthly social media analytics
- Produce short, engaging videos for social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, etc.)
- Provide support and social media coverage at live events
- Build and maintain relationships with journalists, bloggers and organizations in the Bronx that will help advance our work
- Keeping up with current events, BronxNet’s local coverage and programming, and keen interest in all things the Bronx required
- Excellent consulting, writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge
- Please have a Flexible Schedule
- Excellent critical thinking, interpersonal, communication, time-management and problem-solving skills
- Having a high level of knowledge about the Bronx, Current Events and Cultural Literacy
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Basic understanding of social media KPIs, web traffic metrics and SEO
- Ability to use social media for impressions and brand awareness
- Ability to multitask and prioritize multiple requests
- Staying up to date on best practices and emerging trends in social media.
- Performing other duties when needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications or related field
- Bilingual English-Spanish
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the words "Social Media Specialist" in the subject line. PT to FT. Open until filled.