BronxNet is an independent award-winning not-for-profit producing programming by, for, and about the people of the Bronx, while training the community to produce programs to share with their neighbors and the world.
We are seeking a Master Control Operator to join our team on an evening hybrid schedule, Monday-Friday 3pm-11pm.
Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Monitor and assure play-out for six cable TV channels and live streams along with select social media simulcasts.
- Perform consistent quality checks of transmission and return of on-air and streaming product.
- Verify all material airing by maintaining program logs.
- Perform on-air switching for live events.
- Prepare and check programming material for on-air playback via automation system.
- Anticipate and troubleshoot issues when they occur.
- Notify supervisors and engineering staff when channels are experiencing technical difficulties.
- Performs other duties in the Programming department as needed.
- Broadcast experience preferred
- Excellent attention to detail with regards to audio and video
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Computer proficiency
- Prior experience working with broadcast automation systems preferred
- Bilingual Spanish/ English a plus
- Must have ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Master Control Operator” in the subject line.