TITLE: IT/Video Engineer
The focus of this position is to provide support to critical computer systems used in television production/Multi-Media environment. This person will work closely with the Sys Admin to ensure hardware and software inventory is current and functional at all times.
- Installation of computer software; maintenance of computer systems, both Mac and PC systems.
- Upgrades and Updates as necessary.
- Provide technical support to both production and office staff.
- Mentor and train college interns in IT operations.
- Assist in Managing and maintaining BronxNet studio and remote productio n equipment
- Serve in a Encoding Engineer capacity for live, remote production projects, managing LiveU H.265 encoder
- Set up and shade cameras for studio/remote productions
- Setup, troubleshoot and maintain wired and wireless A/V equipment (Teradek, Sony)
- Setup, troubleshoot and maintain Sony AnyCast/Ross switcher systems for remote production projects
- Setup wireless COMM systems for live productions
- Setup wireless cameras for live productions
- Support production teams on live remote productions/events
- Develop engineering drawings and equipment lists for upcoming productions/events
- Assist production staff with studio lighting needs
- Must have in-depth understanding of Apple OSX and Apple Remote Desktop
- Experience with Google Suite including Gmail, Calendar, Sheets, Docs, Keep, Drive, Hangouts..etc.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking
- Ability to analyze video files (h.264, mpg..etc.) using VLC, QuickTime.. Etc. to detect incorrect file specifications and formats
- Forward thinker and have the ability to think quickly under pressure is a must.
- Strong communication skills both written and oral
- Experience working in a Tech capacity on studio and remote production projects
- Experience setting up, managing and troubleshooting video encoders for live, remote production projects
- Experience operating production switchers, including, Ross Carbonite, Ross Xpression, Ross Inception, Ross BlackStorm/Tria.
- Experience using digital Audio Mixing Consoles
- Must have general understanding of IT networking.
- Must have above average understanding of PC and Mac hardware and software
- Must have general understanding of current video codecs and wrappers.
- Two-year degree in Computer Science or two years experience in an equivalent field.
- Ability to speak fluent Spanish is a plus!
- Passion for media
- CCNA and/or Cisco certification
- Interest in video production and editing
- Recent experience with Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
- Valid drivers license and automobile a plus
- Project management skills
- Passion to stay on top of the latest industry trends and learn new production technology.
- Ability to edit video/audio utilizing Final Cut Pro, Premiere, After Effects, Logic, ProTools..etc.
- Videographer Experience
- Experience working in an audio / video check out center
- Experience with DMX lighting fixtures and controllers
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words "IT/Video Engineer" in the subject line. Open until filled.